MUZAFFARNAGAR: Families of the convicts said they would move the high court after going through the sessions court’s verdict. Outside of the court, Naseem Ahmad, the father of Muzammil and Mujassim, said: “I have faith in court. We hope justice will be done. Once we get a copy of the court verdict, we will move to the high court.”
Attacking the police and the investigation agencies, he said: “The police did not fulfil their duty. Even administration and government have hidden the truth.”
Speaking to TOI , prosecution lawyer Anjum Khan said: “Five accused – Muzammil, Muzassim, Nadeem Jahangir and Furkan – had been named in the FIR initially. Later, two more Afzal and Iqbal were found involved in the crime. All of them have been found guilty of killing Sachin and Gaurav. Five of them are in jail, while the bail of the other two has been cancelled.”
According to Khan, the accused had been booked under various IPC sections and seven criminal law acts. The court acquitted them in only seven criminal law act.
Gaurav’s father, Ravindra Singh, who had lodged the FIR at the Jansath Kotwali after the twin murders, said: “I hope culprits will get maximum punishment. We have fought for the justice and hope they would get strong punishment.”
On August 27, 2013, Sachin and Gaurav had allegedly thrashed and stabbed Shahnawaz after he reportedly harassed their sister.
Shahnawaz died of injuries. In retaliation, both cousins were beaten to death allegedly by members of the other community. Gaurav’s father Ravindra Singh then filed an FIR against eight people, including Shahnwaz.
Shahnawaz’s father, too, had filed a counter first information report (FIR). According to the police, the special investigation cell probing the case had filed a final report in the case related to the FIR lodged by Shahnawaz’s father.
Source: Times of India