Mumbai. The nation was left reeling with shock and sadness after the Pakistan-sponsored terrorist organisation Jaish-e-Mohammed orchestrated a deadly attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Thursday afternoon. The attack has claimed the lives of at least 40 soldiers and left several more seriously injured.
In solidarity with the martyred soldiers, Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi cancelled their visit to Karachi. The couple had been invited by the Karachi Art Council for a two-day literature conference to celebrate the actress’s father, the late Kaifi Azmi’s writings.
However, Kangana Ranaut was not impressed by Shabana’s gesture and launched a scathing attack on her. “People like Shabana Azmi calling for halt on cultural exchange – they are the ones who promote Bharat Tere Tukde Honge gangs… why did they organise an event in Karachi in the first place when Pakistani artistes have been banned after Uri attacks? And now they are trying to save face?” Kangana told an entertainment website.
“The film industry is full of such anti-nationals who boost enemies’ morals in many ways, but right now is the time to focus on decisive actions… Pakistan ban is not the focus, Pakistan destruction is,” she added.
When a website reached out to Shabana for her response to Kangana’s remarks, she said, “You really think at a time like this a personal attack on me can be of any significance when the entire country stands as one in our grief and in condemning this dastardly Pulwama attack? May God bless her.”
The Pulwama terror attack is the worst-ever terror attack on security forces in decades. Adil Ahmad Dar, the terrorist behind the attack, rammed his car containing 350 kg of explosives into a security convoy of 78 vehicles, each carrying around 40-45 soldiers.