While stressing that Yoga helps in the healing process, PM Narendra Modi, in his address to the nation on International Yoga Day, said doctors have used the ancient practice as an armour to treat patients.
A Yoga app in different languages to stressing on how Yoga helps in the healing process, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s national address on International Yoga Day focused on the benefits of the ancient practice at a time when the world has been battling the Covid-19 pandemic.
This year, the theme for the event is “Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family”, in line with global concerns around the pandemic. Yoga Day is being observed in about 190 countries globally.
TOP QUOTES OF PM NARENDRA MODI ON INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY
- Today, when the entire world is fighting against the Covid-19 pandemic, Yoga has become a ray of hope.
- In these difficult times, people could have forgotten, ignored Yoga. Instead, their love and enthusiasm for it have increased.
- The ‘Yoga For Wellness’ theme for this International Yoga Day has encouraged people even more to perform yoga. I pray that every country, region, and people stay healthy.
- Today, even medical science lays emphasis on the healing process, besides medical treatment. Yoga helps in the healing process.
- Doctors have used Yoga as armour to treat patients. There are pictures of hospitals, with doctors and nurses teaching Yoga and performing breathing exercises like Anulom Vilom Praayama. International experts have said that these exercises strengthen the breathing system.
- Yoga leads us from stress to strength and from negativity to creativity.
- In collaboration with WHO, India has taken another important step. Now there will be a mYoga app. This will help us in our ‘One World, One Health’ motto.
- I am sure yoga will continue to play preventive and promotive role in healthcare of masses.
- This year, the theme for the event is “Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family”, in line with global concerns around the pandemic.
- The concept of International Yoga Day was proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014 during his speech at the UN General Assembly. The United Nations recognised June 21 as the International Day of Yoga in 2014.
Source: India Today