Congress MLA from Arunachal Pradesh, Ninong Ering has claimed that the Chinese Army has abducted five people from the state.
Amid escalating border tension with China in eastern Ladakh, Congress MLA from Arunachal Pradesh Ninong Ering has claimed that five people have been abducted by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA). Ninong Ering also said that the five people had gone for fishing when they were abducted by the Chinese Army.
The five people — identified as Tanu Bakar, Prasat Ringling, Ngaru Diri, Dongtu Ebiya, and Toch Singkam — have reportedly been abducted from Sera 7 area under Upper Subansiri district along the India-China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
Speaking to India Today TV, Ninong Ering said the Chinese Army has started incursions in Arunachal Pradesh after Ladakh and Doklam. The Congress lawmaker also claimed that the Chinese have crossed the LAC.
“The Chinese have again started creating a nuisance. Just like in Ladakh and Doklam, they [Chinese Army] have started incursions in Arunachal Pradesh. It is proved that they have entered our [side of] LAC,” he said, claiming it was the second time that the Chinese Army has abducted people from India.
“It is very unfortunate that this is the second time this has happened,” Ninong Ering told India Today TV.
On Saturday, the Congress lawmaker from Pasighat West had tweeted to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Pema Khandu, raising alarm about Chinese incursions into Arunachal Pradesh. He also attached a screenshot of a Facebook post by one Prakash Ringling who claimed that his brother was one of the five people who were abducted from by the Chinese Army.
The post also named the five people who have allegedly been abducted by PLA.
The Facebook post by Prakash Ringling read: “My bro, Prasad Ringling S/O Tako Ringling and other four youth of Nacho circle had been abducted by People Liberation Army from Sera-7 (Indo-China border). So, kindly request to state Govt . And Army Authority take immediate actions. To bring these boys back to their home. It is an appeal from family members of these boys. (sic)”
“SHOCKING NEWS: Five people from Upper Subansiri district of our state Arunachal Pradesh have reportedly been ‘abducted’ by China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA). Few months earlier,a similar incident happened. A befitting reply must be given to #PLA and #CCPChina. @PMOIndia,” Ninong Ering tweeted.
SHOCKING NEWS: Five people from Upper Subansiri district of our state Arunachal Pradesh have reportedly been ‘abducted’ by China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA).
— Ninong Ering (@ninong_erring) September 4, 2020
Seeking a strong response from the Central government, Congress MLA Ninong Ering said, “Indian government has to intervene. It is our ancestral land and our people have their rightful claim on it.” He also said China wants to divert attention from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.
Terming it as a Chinese diversionary tactic, the Congress MLA said, “They want to divert attention from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh. These Chinese guys who come on patrolling into the Indian side create nuisance.”
“There is a lot of unguarded land, hundreds of kilometers and it is extremely remote. Sometimes it takes a 15-day march to reach those areas. They are guarded by the ITBP and the Indian Army backs them up. We are already vigilant, lot of artillery movement has taken place and additional forces have been deployed,” he said.
Ninong Ering said even Arunachal BJP MP Kiren Rijiju is aware of such incursions and that the government should take the matter up at the highest level. “The behavior of the PLA is totally unprofessional,” he said.
Police Superintendent of Upper Subansiri district Taru Gussar has told India Today TV that the police were aware of the information shared on social media but was yet to ascertain the facts on the ground.
“We have not received any formal complaint from any of the family members. We are trying to get the facts on the ground from the police station at Nacho. We are also trying to reach out to the Army. But we have not been able to do so due to communication issues,” he said.
Deputy Commissioner Kanto Danggen said, “These are uninhabited areas. It is about 11-day walking distance from the Nacho town; therefore it is very difficult to get information from the area. Only the army can give an update on the matter. Officially we have got no complaints. Last time a similar incident happened and one person was subsequently released.”
The development has come just a few days after the Indian Army said the Chinese troops carried out “provocative military movements” to “unilaterally” change the status quo on the southern bank of Pangong lake but the attempt was thwarted by Indian troops.
Source: India Today