The Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir has said that Qatar’s crisis is small matter and there are more important matters to attend to.
Some of the threats that Jubeir mentioned include the Iranian threat to Arab national security, the fights against terrorism, the Syrian crisis, Libya, Yemen’s stability, internal development, implementing Vision 2030 in Saudi Arabia and reform.
Jubeir stressed that “we need not to concern ourselves with the Qatari subject.”
Speaking to editors of Egyptian newspapers on Sunday on the sidelines of the Arab foreign ministers meeting at the Arab League in Cairo, Jubeir said that the boycotting countries have sent a message to Qatar demanding that it commits to not supporting or funding terrorism.
Jubeir said that the Arab quartet’s demands were in six principles, however Qataris chose to deny the existence of any problem among them, we ask them to leave the denial stage behind and begin the stage of reconsideration and problem solving.
The foreign minister also said: “We only want the best for them, they must not interfere in the internal of countries or find platforms for people who justify suicide bombings. [They must not] host individuals involved in financing terrorists – and they continue to collect money and send it terrorists and [there shouldn’t be] terrorist elements operating in Qatar, including the Muslim Brotherhood.”
Jubeir also pointed out that Qataris refer to the boycotting countries’ actions as a “siege” however, he says that a blockade means there are warplanes over Qatari airspace and warships.
He noted that it has been previously said that if Qatar continues on its current path, they will not be dealing with them.
Now, Qatar is doing everything except recognizing the problem, said Jubeir. Recognizing the problem is not wrong, it is positive because it is the first step towards a solution, he added.